Skip to content

Three’s a Trend!

Three law enforcement officers (from three different police departments) involved in the Ferguson events have been suspended because of their extremely racist words and actions. How extreme? Here are some examples, courtesy of New York magazine:

St. Louis County officer Dan Page appears in a video posted to YouTube of an hour long speech he gave to the Oath Keepers, where he calls black people “little perverts”, Obama “that illegal alien claiming to be president”, gay people “sodomites”, Muslims “they will kill you”. But most troubling is his attitude toward killing:

I personally believe in Jesus Christ as my lord savior, but I’m also a killer. I’ve killed a lot. And if I need to, I’ll kill a whole bunch more. If you don’t want to get killed, don’t show up in front of me, it’s that simple. I have no problem with it. God did not raise me to be a coward.

Officer Page originally gained notoriety because he pushed CNN anchor Don Lemon while he was reporting live during a demonstration in Ferguson.

Next is Officer Matthew Pappert who works for the Glendale Police Department, which operates near where Michael Brown was killed by the police. After the protests started, Pappert started posting racist remarks to his Facebook page, including “These protesters should have been put down like a rabid dog the first night.” Pappert also called the demonstrators “a burden on society and a blight on the community” and “thugs” and suggested that “a Muslim with a backpack” deal with them somehow.

Last but not least is St. Ann Police Department officer Ray Albers, who came to fame for pointing a semi-automatic assault rifle at protestors in front of the media, to whom he threatened “I will fucking kill you”. When asked for his name by a reporter whom he had just shoved, he responded “Go fuck yourself.”

Share

9 Comments

  1. ebdoug wrote:

    And the KKK according to Southern Poverty is pouring money into their racists rants. The murderer of Michael Brown is getting money from KKK. And the protest marches now in Ferguson are to raise money for the white racists. I’m 100% white except I, too, evolved from the same place man evolved in the Egypt area. We all evolved from the same place. Of course, those of us who were raised Christian know that Jesus taught us to kill.(sarcasm) Jesus was Jewish. I went on-line through the various versions of the ten commandments: The commandment from the old testaments says “Thou shalt not Kill” No where does it say, “Thou shalt not kill the human animal”. It says “thou Shalt Not kill” So Dan Page is violating that commandment “Thou Shalt Not Kill” every time he kills a deer, fly, or a human being. I was raised Christian. Only Christians kill so I’m no longer a Christian. (The good Muslims do not kill)
    When I read that soon the non white in this country will be the majority, I am so happy. Finally the killing white “Christians” will be in the minority.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 4:26 am | Permalink
  2. wildwood wrote:

    And they wonder why they can not get “qualified” people of color to apply for jobs with the police department. Who in their right mind would want to work with these people? I wish some reporter would get the three non white police officers in Ferguson to tell them what it’s like working in those conditions. Scary is probably close, because you know that your fellow officers are not going to have your back.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 7:28 am | Permalink
  3. TJ wrote:

    EBDOUG – “Only Christians kill… (The good Muslims do not kill)”

    Are you kidding? Purposely comparing the worst members of one population with the best members of another is a cheap shot at best.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 8:32 am | Permalink
  4. Iron Knee wrote:

    Eva, you are no better than them when you respond to their hatred with hatred.

    The problem is not the police, and certainly not Christians. The problem is when anyone starts believing that they do not need to be held to the same standards and laws as everyone else (because those other people are deserving of hatred). It doesn’t matter if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or whatever, or if you are poor or police, or even a politician, work for the NSA, or the president. We are a nation of laws, and this is how the law starts breaking down – one person at a time.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 9:33 am | Permalink
  5. PatriotSGT wrote:

    Excellent IK. I wholeheartedly concur, no one is above the law (period). Those so called officers need to be removed ASAP. You’re exactly right when you say it’s not Christains or Police it’s narcissistic people who believe they are the chosen ones who must decide the fate of others.
    Ebdoug, Jesus also said to leave the judging to God and let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I guess that disqualifies most if not all of us.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 9:52 am | Permalink
  6. wildwood wrote:

    It seems to me that the people who want to be police are precisely the ones who shouldn’t be police.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 10:30 am | Permalink
  7. Iron Knee wrote:

    Hah! Just like politicians.

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 10:54 am | Permalink
  8. PatriotSGT wrote:

    But then who would we have left to complain about, or entertain ourselves with…Political Irony

    Monday, August 25, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Permalink
  9. Jon wrote:

    Interesting that, these are NOT the same breed who showed up to protect employees of the BLM when they attempted to round up welfare rancher Cliven Bundy’s livestock. Maybe the difference is that the people assigned to protect the BLM employees were in their hearts on the same side as Bundy’s supporters, or maybe it was because Bundy’s supporters were not unarmed.

    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.