Skip to content

Freedom

Keith Lowell Jensen

Share

15 Comments

  1. Hassan wrote:

    I am President, I will bypass congress whenever I want! “FREEDOM! BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE!”

    I am President, I will violate privacy of every citizen with no reason! “FREEDOM! BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE!”

    I am President, I will kill US citizen without trial! “FREEDOM! BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE!”

    I am President, the constitution tells me to execute laws passed by congress and myself, but I will execute what I like and not what I do not like! “FREEDOM! BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE!”

    We the citizens of certain locality feel that it is best that we handle certain matter at local government level than Federal level. NO!! What are you libertarians? Move to Somalia!! Laws are for your small people, not for us the government.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm | Permalink
  2. ThatGuy wrote:

    What’s your argument, Hassan? Plenty of matters are left up to the States. the move to Somalia argument is brought out when citizens of certain localities blame “big government” for everything (having set up the systems and precedents you complained about) and want to drown it in a bath tub. If people in these certain localities decide that education, roads, and healthcare aren’t their top or even middle priorities, great. Stop torpedoeing ideas and programs others want in the name of freedom while simultaneously arguing for the oppression of groups you (not you personally, general conservatives/libertarians) disagree with.

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink
  3. Hassan wrote:

    What is the argument of the original post? That laws are to be followed by some? My argument is about liberal hypocrisy, they are making fun of libertarians objecting (yet still following) the law, while there are people who broke and are breaking the law but are very dear to them and they do not object. In fact illegal immigrants are their cherished cause to defend.

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink
  4. ThatGuy wrote:

    The post is a bit by a comedian, filed under humor.

    If you think every liberal everywhere is thrilled about President Obama’s foreign policy, you’re kidding yourself; and the reason liberals want immigration reform is so people who are probably more accurately described as refugees will no longer be considered criminals worthy of ludicrous scorn.

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:32 pm | Permalink
  5. Hassan wrote:

    THATGUY, is not executing laws or bypassing congress on domestic matters constitutional? Why president breaking laws is not of bigger concern than some libertarians objecting to laws which eventually they follow

    Immigration reform is one thing, breaking of law and then not objecting of breaking it is different.

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 5:46 pm | Permalink
  6. Dan wrote:

    Hassan, are we reading the same joke? I don’t see any mention of Somalia, healthcare, presidential executive powers or foreign policy. Or are you just attempting to troll?

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 6:58 pm | Permalink
  7. Hassan wrote:

    Dan, no I am tackling the fundamental principles that joke is based upon

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 10:27 pm | Permalink
  8. Dan wrote:

    Hassan, it’s a poor tackle. You attempt to ridicule the comic, but in the process you caricature the Libertarian critique of government. As much as I disagree with the practicalities of the Libertarian agenda, there are worthy ideas there that deserve better than to be used as fodder in your partisan attack.

    The joke was superior, because it was not partisan.

    Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm | Permalink
  9. Hassan wrote:

    Dan, partisan attack? What does that mean? Are you thinking I am Republican?

    Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 12:51 am | Permalink
  10. ThatGuy wrote:

    Dan is referring to you going after liberals. Going after one group is partisan, especially when that group is at worst equally culpable as the other in what you’re accusing them of. Unconstitutional overreach is bad, no matter who does it. But the rancor now is so much worse than it was prior to Obama gaining office. There should have been an open treason trial before droning al Awaki, and if we’re going to treat immigrants as refugees we should classify them as refugees. But on other things, I’m really not too upset to see presidents refuse to execute laws.

    Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 6:24 am | Permalink
  11. Dan wrote:

    Hassan, all examples you gave are current talking points.

    The joke only works because the kid is 4 years old. The point is we all have ideals, but applying them simplistically doesn’t work. (Joke could work well for Communism too.)

    You talk about “liberal hypocrisy”. Are you thinking the comedian is liberal?

    Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 7:03 am | Permalink
  12. Hassan wrote:

    THATGUY, I am going after liberals because

    1. They are in charge.
    2. They were against these same things alongside with me when Bush was president, then they changed.

    Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 9:35 am | Permalink
  13. ThatGuy wrote:

    In charge? Are you forgetting about the Supreme Court and half of Congress (all you need to avoid getting anything done)being controlled by conservatives? Seeing the White House occupied by one party and deciding that everything must be the fault of that party is incredibly simplistic. The behavior of Congress since 2010 has left little option but government by executive order, and even then it’s managed to shut down the government and cost the country hard earned economic recovery.

    I also don’t see how you’re still claiming all liberals are okay with Obama’s decisions. This very blog shows you plenty of people who consider themselves left of center and don’t agree with everything Obama does.

    Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 8:26 pm | Permalink
  14. Michael wrote:

    That Guy and Dan, you might want to save your key strokes. Until you call for the immediate impeachment of Obama followed by handing him over to the Hague, everything you say is wrong and hypocritical.

    Monday, July 14, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Permalink
  15. Hassan wrote:

    MICHAEL, we should start from Bush and Cheney, then Obama by handing them over to the Hague.

    Monday, July 14, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.